Sunday, May 17, 2009

Two Pink Lines

This is the test I took Tuesday morning, which was 10 days past ovulation. It was pretty early to get a positive test, but I am a glutton for punishment and I tried anyway. I jumped in the shower and let the test sit. When I got out, I looked at it and there was this very very very faint line. It was after the 10 minute limit, so I didn't think it was that accurate. That day at work, I just felt very weird all day. So, when I got home, I took another cheap test and this is what I saw:







It was still very faint, but it was there and it was there during the time limit. So, I took a more accurate First Response Early Response Test and this is what I saw:




The second line came up within a minute. It was the most amazing feeling because these tests are extremely accurate!!! I had such a rush of emotions and I immediately just started praying and thanking God. Will and I have prayed for this for so long and it was finally here. Then I started pacing and waiting for Will to get home.

Once Will got home, I gave him a present with these adorable little Gator socks that I had bought over a year ago when we first started trying to have a baby. I also included the three pregnancy tests. I have a video of him opening the present and figuring out what it all meant. It's hilarious and I'll post it later. Needless to say, he was ECSTATIC!!! We had such a fun night discussing everything. We sure couldn't focus on American Idol that night.

Later that night, we decided to take a digital test, just for fun. I know the digital tests are not as sensitive as the FRERs and even the cheap ones, so I wasn't sure it was going to be positive since it was so early still. But this is what it said:




It was such a fun night that I'm sure we'll never forget. We are praising God and so excited about all of this. However, we are so incredibly nervous and scared. It's still so early in the pregnancy and so much can go wrong. All we can do at this point is pray.

1 comment:

aLLie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!